Lion King Like Scenes

Started by a_petrukovich, March 01, 2020, 03:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Hannes

a_petrukovich

Thanks! Here is a new one. I could continue to add more variations to the bushes and trees, but working with a huge number of populations and obj's is a pain. So I decided to move on to the next scene (sand desert)

WAS

I like your stronger colour variations along the Savannah.

Dune

Great looking renders nonetheless! You could try replacing distant grasses by procedural grass (just a few elongated and very small fake stones without color, if played simple). Also place your populations so that not too many instances will appear behind the camera, but that is maybe even too logical to even mention.

a_petrukovich

desert scene and reference. I thought it would be easier to create ^)

Dune

That is really well done. I also like the layout of the scene very much. The sand ripples are not 'exactly' like in the ref, but that's nitpicking. But I can imagine you had a hard time getting this together. There are some files around for rippled sand, you'd need to use a sinus function and some warps mixed together.
Is the thrown-up sand around the lions post, or internal cloud? Lion objects?

DocCharly65

That result looks very good! Great render!

Alexn007

a_petrukovich

Quote from: Dune on April 18, 2020, 01:41:24 AMThat is really well done. I also like the layout of the scene very much. The sand ripples are not 'exactly' like in the ref, but that's nitpicking. But I can imagine you had a hard time getting this together. There are some files around for rippled sand, you'd need to use a sinus function and some warps mixed together.
Is the thrown-up sand around the lions post, or internal cloud? Lion objects?
Thx! I tried to generate sand dunes, but drop it and use megascans texture ^)

WAS

Better than the ref imo as far as the sand goes. Really well done.

The ref kinda looks like basic stretched perlin warped by the curvature. Particularly looks odd on distant dunes, which by the size of the lions most certainly should not be like 5+ feet tall lol

Lion King looks good in motion, but after getting a copy, I find lots that bothers me in it, laziness in continuity, inaccuracies from real world, etc. But I'm a perfectionist.

Shameless plug, my sand shader comes with a preset much like this megascan. Easily masked and warped. Megascan does look good besides the repetition in imperfections.

Dune

I guess I was still asleep when writing down my question :P  No lions or dust in yours. But I agree, the megascan dunes look better, I got the 2 mixed up.

sjefen

This is really impressive work!
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB