PathTraced Romans

Started by Dune, March 12, 2020, 02:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Just a small part of a 6600x3300 render for a book cover (Romans, Dutch book, coming soon). Path traced. Total took 24 hours, but I think it's worth the extra time.
If anyone is interested, I can give a link to the book merchant later on (not beneficial for me :P ).

Hannes

sboerner

Dude in the middle looks like he means business. Terrific render, thanks for sharing.

DocCharly65

sjefen

Lovely! Did you make that tree stump also?

I'd like to ask of something. Have you tried making the cloths have a more details? More wrinkles mainly?
I think if the cloths have some more wrinkles it would lift the render a lot.

The attached image is of something completely different, but it's just for demonstration.

I don't mean to offend. I think the models are awesome and I'm not able to make anything even close.

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Dune

I actually don't know by head if I used an asset downloaded (trunk), or if it's homemade (I did a few).

Regarding wrinkles; yes, that is something I have to add more. I do use some texture to add random wrinkles, but maybe too subtly. Getting good wrinkles in geometry is far more work, and I often don't have time to make my models so highpoly and detailed. And this was a hurry-job, as the finished render had to be redone with different clothing for all 4 soldiers in 1 day, and the render alone took 25 hours, so the adjusted crops did quite some time too. But I certainly get your point.

Shield Wulf

That is fantastic, I love it! Nice work indeed.
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is of utmost importance.

You are he who directs the sun ship of millions of years.......

N-drju

Cool. I understand this is the classic path tracing, not Hannes-tracing? ;)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hannes

Quote from: N-drju on April 25, 2020, 04:42:25 AMCool. I understand this is the classic path tracing, not Hannes-tracing? ;)
What's "Hannes-tracing"?

N-drju

It's that subsurface scattering method that you designed, which relies on putting a smaller object into a bigger, translucent object. ;)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

I guess he means with SSS allover the figures. That wasn't the case.

EDIT; just ahead of me

Hannes

Quote from: N-drju on April 25, 2020, 07:28:12 AMIt's that subsurface scattering method that you designed, which relies on putting a smaller object into a bigger, translucent object.
Aah, I see! :)