Still learning and going through the tutorials.

Started by Shield Wulf, April 24, 2020, 06:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shield Wulf

I made this after going through the tutorials here at Planetside.  Tell me what do you all think and I can approve on.

Thanks,
Randy
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is of utmost importance.

You are he who directs the sun ship of millions of years.......

Shield Wulf

I think I see some godrays in the picture I didn't notice before on the right side. I didn't intend for those to happen. Ain't it funny how you don't start out to do something TG does something you don't expect.
To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is of utmost importance.

luvsmuzik

Nice aerial! Is that a crater lake? Yep godrays are always a good thing, even in a storm scene.  good to see another post! :)

Shield Wulf

Thanks luvsmuzik for your great response. Always looking to learn from anywhere and anyone I can. Much appreciated for your time responding to my post.

Yep that is exactly what that is. Still learning what TG can do. It's a freaking awesome program. Thank you programmers for providing us with this nice program.

Randy

Shield Wulf

I did what I hope to be an improvement on my original scene. I brought all the cloud layers together. But now the godrays are gone. I didn't set out to get them in the first place, so they were a happy accident as Bob Ross would say. Please if you would take a look at my new render and tell me if it is better than the one up in the email path.

Thanks,
Randy

Dune

This is much better, as clouds are less bleached. For godrays, you could add a low, thin v2 cloud, or increase atmospheric haze.

Shield Wulf

Thanks Dune, I will try those. Much appreciated.

luvsmuzik

I like what you did with your lake reflection,much nicer. Also, you will get lots of practice at this, try adjusting the slope coverage as you limit altitude as well. The breakup shader on a layer can also be used to mask coverage, by re hooking the node connection for that to mask. That will break up the even lines for a more natural look. There is a tutorial example by Dune about blending the layers. I will try to link it for you. Coverage of layers is where the RTP can be useful, watching the little triangles develop for coverage. Keep on..... :)

hmmy

Nice colors, and great vibe!  I really like your scene here.  Personal opinion, but I would think about composition and the overall setting.  I would bring the lake closer to the mountains in back, lower the camera (closer to ground/lake), raise the sun a tad  to get some more highlights on the mountains and set the scene there.  I have about 10 surface layers on my current project all differ with slope and alt.  You can play with those to break the snow/ other layers up.  If you position it close to the ground, you can use the shape shader to add rocks and or grass.  Keep up the great work!

Shield Wulf

Thanks Everyone again for your great suggestions. Much appreciated.

Randy

Shield Wulf

Another round of adjusting parameters.

Please let me know how it's changing over time.

Thanks,
Randy

Shield Wulf

Or is this one any better? Man I am s confused.. Not really... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Agura Nata

Great, like the last, well done! 
Happy week :)
"Live and Learn!"

hmmy

Quote from: Shield Wulf on April 27, 2020, 08:27:56 PMOr is this one any better? Man I am s confused.. Not really... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The last one look good!