Rockface

Started by Dune, April 28, 2020, 02:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Always inspired by René ;) PT render.

sboerner

Nice! (Needs a couple of rock climbers. :) )

N-drju

René is safe for now. You have a loooot to learn. :P

Just kidding. ;) I can see you have somehow managed to solve the straight edge problem. And I like the yellowish speckles on the rock. Reminds me of my trips to the South and hikes through the mountains.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

;D  Indeed, every day brings new ideas and hopefully solutions.

Straight edges can be broken up by small warps and displacements, but only before world position. Any warp after will be omitted.

N-drju

Quote from: Dune on April 29, 2020, 03:14:37 AMStraight edges can be broken up by small warps and displacements, but only before world position. Any warp after will be omitted.

Good to know, great tip. Thanks for the research!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

Forgot these 2.

mhaze

Excellent! Like the last one best.

Hannes

Me too. It's the most "rocky" one I'd say.

masonspappy

I like the apparent scale between the rock outfacing and the trees

DocCharly65

Both great! But I like the rocks a bit more in the last one. Big Like!

Dune

A few more tests.

KlausK

I like the hovering Aeronaut ;)

Other than that - the rocks/cliff-boulders are very smooth compared to the inbetween debris like stones.
A little bit too much too look completely convincing. A few more cracks and splintered-off edges, chipping, gutters, and break ups would be helpfull, I think. Or some grooves running down vertically perhaps...
This is for the left picture: Sqe attempt_13-05-20 test 2.jpg

What more? Very good as usual.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

The aeronaut was just a whim ;)  Now added some storks, aeronaut flew off. The rocks are masked so I can put anything I like on the smooth surface, reduce them or make the whole wall smooth with a few cracks of rumbling rock. Added a little more texture to it already yesterday.

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on May 14, 2020, 02:43:40 AMaeronaut flew off
Good that you say! I wa scared, the stork could have eaten him... ;)

Great renders! The rocks get better and better. The finer the detailed structure and bumps are the more natural they look.

KlausK

That is the kind of surface structure I had in mind more or less.
To me they look more 'grown' over a long time this way. More homogenic (?). Beautyfull!

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)