The great-great-great-great-great-grandson of JJ Abrams

Started by DocCharly65, May 03, 2020, 04:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

In an early testvideo I showed the JJ Abrams Version of the Enterprise with with the reasonable exaggeration of lens flares...
I reworked this scene for a nice place in the beginning part of the film.

And suddenly I had another crazy idea... why not show the great-great-great-great-great-grandson of JJ Abrams as an 23rd century engineer on the Enterprise.
Here you can see him testing and showing his own idea to Admiral Lee: The "Abrams Lens Flare Drive"... You can think about whether the drive works, whether Abrams with his hired yellow mechanics ever had a chance and why in my film Cpt. Kirk flies the TMP version of the Enterprise... ;)

First I gave a model from Renderpeople some glasses for just a similarity of an imaginary great-great-great-great-great-grandson of JJ Abrams ;)

temp.0011b_1.jpg  temp.0011a_1.jpg

After many experiments to reduce flickering on all those metallic surfaces and reducing the rendertime to beneath 1.5 h per frame the renderjob for the animation has started.

temp.0180_1.jpg

Minions 3D Models Rigged by CGFX-Studio on CGTrader
Ethan Rigged 008  by RENDERPEOPLE modified with Glasses by Vega Wilson on Turbosquid and a helmet
Stan Lee by 3DRegenerator on TF3DM
Scifi interior VR by alekrazum on CGTrader

Dune

Hannes

N-drju

Is this Terragen really? :o DAZ Studio will be pissed! ;D
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

j meyer

8) ALF Drive is a good idea, very appropriate. ;D

DocCharly65

Quote from: N-drju on May 04, 2020, 04:16:29 AMIs this Terragen really?

Promised! :)

Zwischenablage-2.jpg

At the same time, I am also developing an enterprise that drivelessly spins in the earth's gravitational field. There will probably be a scene with weightless passengers in the "ALF machine room" (Thanks Hannes, I'll take that, if you please allow ;D ;) ).

temp.0307.jpg  temp.0173.jpg

Fortunately, the turbine blades in the bussard collectors are directed at a 90 degree angle to the world, so it was much easier to animate them in Blender - in this case it didn't work in Terragen in order to maintain their relative position and angle to the spinning spaceship.

N-drju

Very nice work Doc. The number of carefully placed lights and (?) objects in this project is staggering. Takes a few moments out of life to make sure this amount of lighting is soft and "modest" enough.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hannes

Quote from: DocCharly65 on May 07, 2020, 02:01:54 AM(Thanks Hannes, I'll take that, if you please allow ;D ;) ).
I think I'm getting old... What do you mean? ;D

DocCharly65

Uuups!

It's not you - it's me getting old, Hannes... 

I had to say Jochen my thanks... ;D
Quote from: j meyer on May 04, 2020, 12:21:51 PM8) ALF Drive is a good idea, very appropriate. ;D

Hannes

Quote from: DocCharly65 on May 07, 2020, 09:34:44 AMIt's not you - it's me getting old, Hannes... 

I had to say Jochen my thanks...
I am relieved... ;D ;)

mhaze

DocCharly65

Quote from: N-drju on May 07, 2020, 03:27:05 AM... The number of carefully placed lights and (?) objects in this project is staggering. Takes a few moments out of life to make sure this amount of lighting is soft and "modest" enough.

My first try was only using self illuminated objects and that worked ok as long I didn't animate anything.
The better result came out with light sources next to the self illuminated parts and reduce the self illumination. The lower the self illumination strength the less flickering.

The other long line of objects is the Scifi Interior model separated into single objects to have a better control of the single parts.

Now I guess here comes the last render for this topic before it's time to travel to the animation board :)

Of course the not really working ALF Drive will cause a failure of artificial gravitation.
I've already finished the animated object sequence of the Minions, Admiral, and JJ. The minions didn't look good with mixamo animation so I animated them manually in Blender.

temp.0001.jpg