Sunset on Mountain

Started by Nala1977, May 04, 2020, 09:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nala1977

hey guys, here another render with Gaea and Terragen. 

still need some work on many parts tho:)

Dune

N-drju

"Needs some work"? You're kidding, right?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Nala1977

Quote from: N-drju on May 04, 2020, 11:17:09 AM"Needs some work"? You're kidding, right?
well the trees are very bad, there is not much variation, especially in models/colors, the fog could be better, the mountain shape itself could use more defined shape, with some more pronunced slope or erosion, meh thing is to preview output in terragen is so expensive in terms of calculation, i dont have a good cpu (i7-990x), so everytime i need to test a change it'll take years :) (this render took 18 hours at 1920)

trying to learn shading on terragen but it is so weird for some reason, im a bit debated if just create terrains and texture them on Gaea and then render in terragen for clouds/atmo,, still is too early cause im using terragen since one week kinda, but meh it really feels powerful but most of the times i hit roadblock and can not do what i want to do.

If u want a random terrain is fine, but if you want something precise, having a reference, its very hard to control and handle for me at least, im not good, i find easier in gaea.

the shading part tho is really hard for me in terragen, except throwing some power fractal that just messes up and mixes colors :)

hmmy

Looks very nice, great job on this one.

DocCharly65

I like it very much :)

I know the feeling of wanting to improve many details - but don't stress yourself :)

Hannes

All I can say is, it looks amazing already!