How to replicate Cloud V2 properties in Cloud V3?

Started by eapilot, May 07, 2020, 12:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eapilot

First of all I want to thank the Terragen community.  For better or worse, the best way to learn Terragen is by participating in the forums and  everyone has been a great help.

I am looking at many examples provided that i am learning from but they are in Cloud V2 models.  When I switch them to Cloud V3, the results are completely different. What i would like to do is change the settings in the V3 cloud model to the original example and then slowly adjust to my own liking.  I found that increasing the cloud density to 1 makes a Cloud v3 look like a Cloud v2 model.  Anyone have suggestions to convert Cloud v2 to Cloud v3?
Thanks.

Dune

Most important being unchecking (or checking) "move textures with cloud", or you'll get different shapes anyway, but you'd likely know that already.

eapilot

That gets me from time to time but if you put in the same density fractal network into a V2 cloud and V3 cloud, you get totally different results.  And not just the density but the overall shape.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on May 08, 2020, 02:11:20 AMMost important being unchecking (or checking) "move textures with cloud", or you'll get different shapes anyway, but you'd likely know that already.

There difference should be just density really if you replicate settings right, namely checking "move textures with cloud" to get the same space as v3.