"Organic cloud world" test.

Started by Kadri, May 07, 2020, 02:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

It begun as a standard cloudy planet image and got to here what you see.

I like some parts of the upper and mostly the lower parts. But as an image i am not quite sure what to make out of this.
Curious if you like it or not. Any suggestions are appreciated

By the way everything is obviously made from clouds here.

Kadri

This was one of the earlier states.
I like the middle part from here more.

N-drju

Quote from: Kadri on May 07, 2020, 02:49:32 PMI like some parts of the upper and mostly the lower parts. But as an image i am not quite sure what to make out of this.
Curious if you like it or not. Any suggestions are appreciated

This is one positively crazy cloud study. It reminds me of Lem's novels and short stories - hundreds of fantastic worlds, inhabitants including omniform crystals, robots, humanoids, fish-men and other. This could well be an illustration to one of the many space journeys he invited his readers to.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hannes

Amazing stuff, Kadri!!!
My first impression was that there's maybe a little bit of chromatic aberration in those images... I could be wrong.... ;D ;D ;D

Kadri

Thanks guys.

You are wrong Hannes ;D I especially avoided chromatic aberration (not that i haven't tried to see how it looks) :D

But seriously, it looks like there is kind of it in it. After that much of postwork it is maybe normal.

WAS

Super cool Kadri, really like the post effect work to being out that otherworldly look.

Dune

Crazy world, and great experiment.

mhaze

Wonderful! what an amazing use of terragen - love it!

j meyer

Cool experimental renders, again.
Agree with you about the middle part of the second one.
Personally I'd try to get rid of the spikey stuff on the 'ground', though.
Keep experimenting. :)

Kadri

That spikey stuff was problematic. I like the colours and translucency look actually.Especially the most closest one.
But without those it looked too flat and kinda empty (even as so much was going on on the ground).
And with it i am not sure too if this is how it should be. It doesn't click.
I have some things in my mind but doing them is not easy...
This is kind of those images that are hard to finish and don't go much further i think.

hmmy