Feature request - population macro manage / "easy population"

Started by N-drju, May 04, 2020, 12:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Coming back to the populator thing, I just thought it would be great to have a "scale modulator" parameter in there. This way, one could use a power fractal or a function instead of sliders to set an object's size. Even a simple shader would yield a pleasing effect this way!

Quote from: WAS on May 13, 2020, 04:23:39 AMLike the paint shader? Use orthographic view and pause preview in HD to paint.

Not exactly what I meant Jordan. I mean a situation in which a tight outline can be made and objects follow the outline, instead of being clumped up together by XY values. Not sure if I make myself clear?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

sjefen

I said in another thread somewhere that it would be nice if one could select multiple objects in the population.

Say 3 different objects for example and have these type of settings that could be changed to whatever you need:
Object 1 = 70% coverage
Object 2 = 30% coverage
Object 3 =  5% coverage

Would also be nice with a "clumping" option to have control of how much they should clump together.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB