Procedural texture overlaid with a UV map - how?

Started by N-drju, May 17, 2020, 03:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

So I have a UV texture for an object which is basically just a set of lines and curves. It is fed into the colour function of a default shader.

Now, I would like to add a contrasty PF to the mix and have both; unaltered UV tex and a procedural colouration underneath (so to say) the UV map.

I can't seem to set it right. I tried to put the PF after the default shader, before it. I tried the merge shader and even surface shader with one of the textures as a child input. I must be doing something wrong or forgot how it is done...

Could you guys help me out?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

You could multiply the UV-texture by a world PF. But how do you mean underneath, like a basic coloring?
And why did you not call the UV in the color image slot?

N-drju

Quote from: Dune on May 17, 2020, 04:02:00 AMYou could multiply the UV-texture by a world PF. But how do you mean underneath, like a basic coloring?
And why did you not call the UV in the color image slot?

Yes. PF is supposed to be the basic coloring, while UV - a few details over it.

Color image of course. I confused the names.

Multiplication results in a completely black texture.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

cyphyr

Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

CubeUV.JPG
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

N-drju

Quote from: cyphyr on May 17, 2020, 04:31:12 AMIs this the sort of thing you are looking for?

CubeUV.JPG

Precisely. :) I'll give it a shot.

N-drju