A bee's view of the family Stripe

Started by Dune, May 24, 2020, 01:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Assets are indeed a problem, either expensive, or bad. I altered my basic DAZ clothes in ZBrush, but that's not perfect, hence my choice for MD.

But the humans in my case are made from just the one Genesis 1 basis (which is free), which has morphs for fatter, thin, muscular, etc. I have found some more morphs on the internet, and I made some myself in ZB. So you can make plenty of characters!! Perhaps also if you have access to another modeling software, you can alter the face afterwards, or before and save as morph, etc.

sboerner

QuoteThis seems to be where I get hung up on avatars or models is the animation part with the armature parenting etc....I get a good garment in an a-pose or a t-pose, then even when done by Mixamo or independent, the garments and avatars do not always do as expected.

Have you tried recording the animation inside Marvelous? The avatar needs to be saved out of another application in a format such as FBX or Collada that supports animation. Then import into MD. The start frame would be the t-pose. Once the garments are designed you can record the animation and export an OBJ sequence.

I've never used Mixamo so I'm not sure how it would be integrated into this.

Ulco, apologies for the (continuing) hijacking of your thread. Maybe a separate MD topic in Open Discussion is called for here.

Dune

I don't mind, just keep on discussing :)

j meyer

For more human variations one could try 'Make Human' also.
Should be compatible with DazStudio.

N-drju

Quote from: Dune on June 09, 2020, 09:16:49 AMBut the humans in my case are made from just the one Genesis 1 basis (which is free), which has morphs for fatter, thin, muscular, etc. I have found some more morphs on the internet, and I made some myself in ZB. So you can make plenty of characters!!

No kidding... :o So all that diversity is available with just Genesis 1 in place?! That would be marvellous!

Hehe, unfortunately, I have no idea how to make morphs or where to get them royalty-free. But recreating G1 figure could still be fun and, I guess, pretty much enough for my needs (mostly people in the distance.)

I must admit that I have also been tempted to try out Make Human, like j meyer suggests, though remain somewhat unconvinced... Perhaps I will give it a shot after the Contest.

EDIT: Oh... just read that the MD license costs $490. ::) Not in the nearest future, I guess...
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

Morphing is not that hard. If you export a low-res(!) Genesis 1 from DAZ and import it in any modeling app (ZB of course being perfect, as you can move the whole lot, but LW or Blender should also be possible), you can move (welded, or they break) vertices about, like making a hooked nose, or pointy chin, whatever. Save again, and in DAZ import as morph.

Dune

The guys are having fun fun with their horse ;)  Just a quick import and render.

masonspappy

Not only great (artistically speaking) but kinda humorous too.  :)

N-drju

The sitting guy's face just screams "How did I get dragged into this?". ;D
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

luvsmuzik

Excellent use of cloth...I am sure the capitain' thinks that was a waste of a valuable commodity! ;D

sboerner

Let me guess . . . they're names are Larry, Moe, and Curly, right? :) Great scene and detail.

Dune

Here's another fun compilation ;D