Some weird ISS impressions

Started by Hannes, June 04, 2020, 03:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

I had the idea of doing some more stuff with the ISS model I had used several times before, and came up with some interior stuff as well. It took me a few weeks to finish all of it. There is absolutely no meaning in the scenes... ;)
I uploaded it on Dropbox, because it's a 122 MB file. If you want to see it in best quality, feel free to download it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ait1xb3ad1dc4tk/ISSImpressionsFinal.mp4?dl=0

Dune

luvsmuzik

Hysterical! Meticulous details, some of that must have been like untangling fisherman's line all balled up. I recently saw  what I think was a megascan model of the interior of the ISS on SketchFab, I had nooooo idea how messy and crowded. I listened to the NASA broadcast before SpaceX finally got opened the other day. Checklists for supplies used...two water bottles, 2 meals, etc...wow. ;D Great success with your floating astrotubbies populations. I do not even want to guess the render time on this but I am glad you did it.  :)

KyL

The fat astronauts at the end killed me!

Awesome, well done!!!

j meyer

8) Impressive and funny. ;D

Is that Rickenbacker bass a free model?

DocCharly65

Great animation! The ISS views are unbelievable realistic. And the humor is stunning. Thumbs up.

Hannes

Thank you all!!!

This one started as something normal, and ended up in something completely different... ;D

Rendertimes were reasonable, depending on the scene, but only in some cases it was more than one hour per frame.

The ISS interior model is the one by NASA:
https://nasa3d.arc.nasa.gov/detail/iss-internal

It's a blender model, and it's not very detailed, but it depends on which stuff you put in.
The cable mess for example is created with the Ivy generator. Without leaves of course.

And yes, the Rickenbacker (I love it!!) is a free model, but I don't remember, where I got it from.

Kadri

Quote from: Hannes on June 04, 2020, 03:05:54 PM...
The cable mess for example is created with the Ivy generator. Without leaves of course.
There was a small render anomaly in that part. Is that from Terragen directly or did you do some postwork (like slowing down)?

WAS

NSFW :-X

Greast work on this. Also was that Dwayne on the pooper?

Hannes

Quote from: Kadri on June 04, 2020, 03:22:35 PMThere was a small render anomaly in that part. Is that from Terragen directly or did you do some postwork (like slowing down)?
Indeed, slowing down! Good eyes! ;)

Quote from: WAS on June 04, 2020, 04:41:30 PMGreast work on this. Also was that Dwayne on the pooper?
Yep! Good eyes as well! ;)

Jo Kariboo

The editing is well done and the image quality is impressive! Congratulations!

sboerner

;D And the opening sequences are spectacular.

j meyer

Thanks Hannes, seems to be the one from sketchfab.