Crater Lake - low quality test

Started by KlausK, June 09, 2020, 07:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KlausK

...just doodling. Low AA and MPD. And atmosphere and clouds haven`t seen any quality treatment at all so far.
Atm I am not sure where to take this. Maybe some other time.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

N-drju

Looks interesting just as it is. I'd go ahead with Kadri's suggestion though and make the clouds wispier (is this a real word??).

Guess there must be several ways to go from here. :) You may, for example, add some vegetation. Or change the POV to some higher altitude. In any case, many possibilities to take it further.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

KlausK

Thank you guys for the suggestions.
I must admit I am much more a friend of those heavy dark rain-falling-any-minute-now clouds rather than the wispy frazzled shredded streaks of clouds.
They provide a much richer palette of light and dark, look much more dramatic. Maybe one day I`ll get them to look the way I imagine them.

Here is a version with two cloud layers.

CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

KlausK

mhaze

Lovely - I've enjoy many a wild camp sunset in places just like this.

N-drju

Quote from: KlausK on June 10, 2020, 05:13:39 AMThank you guys for the suggestions.
I must admit I am much more a friend of those heavy dark rain-falling-any-minute-now clouds rather than the wispy frazzled shredded streaks of clouds.

All matter of one's own artistic vision. :) The second sky is more diverse - I like how both layers can be told apart, yet, sort of, are "friends" with one another.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

This version is better, IMO. Very nice render! I am not a fan of very hard clouds either, though dark and dense they may be.

KlausK

Thanks all!
The second versions clouds are indeed more interesting and diverse to look at, I agree.
I`ll try out some other ideas with the scene before I do a high quality beauty render.

CHeers, Klaus

KlausK

Thank you!

Here is the next iteration. Added some Pine trees and Pine bushes.
Additionally I positioned a large reflective and luminous rectangle behind and above the camera
to colour and soften the ground. Gives a nice impression of wet mossy groundcover, I think.

There are some stray trees and bushes in the water and on the hillsides but after a mantra-like population edit
and deleting about 300 single objects I decided to let them in there for the time being.
I could not get masking the water area to work properly. `till next time.

CHeers, Klaus

KlausK

@mhaze: something like this perhaps? ;)

Quick`n dirty composit.

CHeers, Klaus

Kadri

I think the FOV angle is a little too wide. The trees are kinda centering to the middle.
If you like the FOV you could use a higher lean size for the trees as it looks like there isn't any(is there any?).
As this would hide the wide FOV a little.

bobbystahr

Quote from: KlausK on June 11, 2020, 07:39:57 AM@mhaze: something like this perhaps? ;)

Quick`n dirty composit.

CHeers, Klaus
Quite beautiful
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist