Alpine Forest Clearing

Started by raymoh, June 10, 2020, 09:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymoh

After a landslide centuries ago, this mountain forest has settled again.
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

N-drju

A thing of beauty. I like the bright, optimistic palette.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

Cool! I would try some more bump and/or color variation on the bark maybe.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on June 10, 2020, 10:27:08 AMCool! I would try some more bump and/or color variation on the bark maybe.
agree..an image worth working on for sure.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

raymoh

Quote from: bobbystahr on June 12, 2020, 11:07:12 AM..an image worth working on for sure
I wish I could. The posted render was based on a TG3 file. Transferring it to TG4 didn't work smoothly, I couldn't use it like that anymore. Instead of troubleshooting, I decided to start from scratch and follow the advice. I think the result is also appealing:
It became a European alpine spruce forest with wild roses.

Plants from XFrog. A little bit reworked with Pixelmator.
"I consider global warming much less dangerous than global dumbing down"   (Lisa Fitz, German comedian)

WAS

I do have to say I liked the original rock work. The texturing could have used some variation, but getting piled rocks like that is a challenge and nice seeing it done pleasantly.

Jo Kariboo

I find the distribution of the vegetation much better, the light is also better. There is a depth in the composition that was not present in the first one. A nice update for me.

Dune

I like this better, though I did like the piled stones. Bark is great now!
What you could do is mask (simple shape) in a pile of rocks somewhere in the front (left or right) area, as a centerpointof attention. Maybe just copy the part of the stone shaders from your old file and paste it in here, masked by a soft simple shape, just adding it after all other shaders on a surface layer or however is best.

Hannes

I like them both. But somehow I prefer the first one. I'm curious why it didn't work to render this with the latest version.

raymoh

I have made the experience several times that transferring a TG3 file to TG4 caused problems. Some worked without problems, others were of limited use: shaders could no longer be used, the seed of populations was no longer the same, etc. The more complex the TG3 file was, the more likely the file was to cause problems in TG4. I have switched to "archiving" TG3 files.

raymoh

A variation of the original theme: