Fly me to the moon...

Started by Hannes, June 17, 2020, 10:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

This was the first candidate for the "Travelers" competition, but eventually I thought, this is not TG-ish enough, although it's a pure TG render (with a little postwork, and the separately rendered godrays comped in).

The station is a kitbash orgy out of three different space station models and some additional sci fi assets. I don't remember where the astronauts came from, but they are posed in MIxamo.

The moon is real geometry (a sphere) with the hi res texture sets someone shared the link of some time ago. I can't find the thread at the moment...
Rendered with the path tracer.

KlausK

Meine Fresse! Ich bin platt :P Klasse! (Sorry, I can`t translate this into English appropriately)

Well, Hannes, you have done quite a lot astonishing projects in TG but this really hits me.
I don`t know what to say - simply stunning. Not sure how to put it: this feels absolutely like a living scenery to me.
I thought they were moving along the corridor towards me when I maximized the picture!
Geeze, what was your day-to-day job again?!? I`ll keep it on my desktop for a while ;)

Is that a dustcleaner in the corridor ;D ? Another one rides a duster...

Very well done. CHeers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

sboerner

QuoteWell, Hannes, you have done quite a lot astonishing projects in TG but this really hits me.

I don`t know what to say - simply stunning. Not sure how to put it: this feels absolutely like a living scenery to me.
Agree. What a render.

Hannes

Quote from: KlausK on June 17, 2020, 11:30:34 AMMeine Fresse! Ich bin platt :P Klasse! (Sorry, I can`t translate this into English appropriately)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Danke!!!! Indeed, this can't be translated into english.

Hannes

Quote from: KlausK on June 17, 2020, 11:30:34 AMIs that a dustcleaner in the corridor ;D ? Another one rides a duster...
;D ;D ;D  No idea, what this is. The good thing about sci fi stuff is, you don't need to explain each and every gadget, because they're not invented yet. ...and will probably never be...

j meyer

Great render.
Thought it was a vacuum cleaner. too. ;D

Hannes

Well, actually, why not?
Probably they will be drawing straws, to see who is going to clean the station... ;D

KyL

This is sick! I love the bounce light on the Astronauts

luvsmuzik

Currently on the scifi craze myself....Great image here!

I see the modular set up of the hallway as the repetitive devices and light sources, etc....great! What I want to know is how you manage to get polished metallic surfaces and light sources without the overwhelming haziness or light bounces. 

I got my 4K moon map from the NASA site, they have lots of new releases lately.

This would be a great Traveller image, but I do love your entry submitted.  :)

Hannes

Quote from: luvsmuzik on June 17, 2020, 03:19:53 PMThis would be a great Traveller image, but I do love your entry submitted. 
Thanks a lot!! Actually it's not yet submitted, and I'm a bit unsure right now, which one I should choose.

Not sure what you mean by overwhelming haziness and light bounces.

Dune

Another terrific scene, Hannes! Lighting is spot on. Very powerful. Totally different from the other candidate. I'm not sure which one I would choose, and I also don't know what the judges will be looking for. The other one has more 'by yourself', more TG, if you get my point.
It'll be in my favorites folder anyway!

Agura Nata

Klasse! ... Great!

Is the Kärcher pressure washer still there?

Probably to blow the corona virus away ;)
"Live and Learn!"

gasbutan

Stormlord

Really Awesome Scenery, excellent stuff Hannes!
If you like.. I got a Kärcher vacuum cleaner in my cellar, if you like I can do some pretty detailed reference photos for you!

STORMLORD