WIP - Masonpappy's entry

Started by masonspappy, June 17, 2020, 03:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

My entry. Still lots of work to be done (Sky + a bit of background work and some additional foreground items to be created.)

All objects (airboat, fruit stand and veggies) created by me in Blender.

Hannes

Oh, I like that very much! Maybe you could work on those trees a bit more. They seem a bit repetitive.

Dune

Very nice. I would indeed work some more on the ground, add some bushes as it's a bit bare. I would also move the fruit stand (?) on shore as it seems connected to the boat. And I would add some clouds or haze, so there's more bounced light onto the dark parts; it's a bit hard.

N-drju

I'd describe this render by saying "Bright, optimistic colours and a carefree day".

This is what travels should all be about!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

masonspappy

Thanks guys. Yeah, I think the trees definitely need some randomizing.
I didn't think about the fruitstand's nearness to the boat. Will move that as well.
Still have some veggies to add to the picture. Just need to finish creating them first. ;)
Thanks again, and please let me now if you see other things you think I've missed!

masonspappy

Needed some sort of alien crustacean, so made this in Blender 2.8x this week.  Something like a cross between a crab and prehistoric lobster.
Also decided the flag-waving alien on the right needs replacing, still trying to decide what to replace him with.
Per previous comments the trees now have some variation and adding a few other touches as well.

Dune

luvsmuzik

These are great! The creature looks authentic enough....not so sure about the alien, I would have to see a close up, but if those are mammary glands out front, it looks like trouble. I do like the concept tho, kinda like a Warner Bros cartoon...haha ...as we wait for the hammer from Acme to fall

Maybe we are watching the Discovery channel a little too often......it is a nice break from the news tho.... ;D

masonspappy

No, those are not mammaries. I kind of hate to admit this, but that's supposed to be a large-fanged birds head sprouting out from the chest.  But it's poorly done.. That's why I'm going back and re-creating something that looks (hopefully) more like a living alien than a bunch of sculpting mistakes.

luvsmuzik

Quote from: masonspappy on June 24, 2020, 09:44:01 AMNo, those are not mammaries. I kind of hate to admit this, but that's supposed to be a large-fanged birds head sprouting out from the chest.  But it's poorly done.. That's why I'm going back and re-creating something that looks (hopefully) more like a living alien than a bunch of sculpting mistakes.
Okay....I see the vulturistic head now....my bad. That looks pretty rad, it just needs to be larger scale for my old eyes. ;D

Jo Kariboo

Beautiful bright colours, which is interesting with your latest elements we are moving more and more towards the fantastic!

masonspappy

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on June 24, 2020, 11:50:56 AMBeautiful bright colours, which is interesting with your latest elements we are moving more and more towards the fantastic!
Alway's did love science fiction!

masonspappy

So, my new alien. Basic sculpting done, now need to paint him up.  I think he'll fit better in the environment.