Gaea-1.2.0.3

Started by digitalguru, June 18, 2020, 11:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalguru

I updated to Gaea-1.2.0.3 and now it gets stuck on loading. This version also loads .NET Framework 4.8 as part of the install and I'm guessing that might be part of the problem.

Has anybody experienced similar issues?

This is on Windows 10, I tried it on my Windows 7 machine and it installs and loads with no issues.

ps. I did contact Quadspinner about 10 days ago but have had no reply.

Nala1977

i have no issues whatsoever, running 1.2.0.3 for quite a while, try to perform a clean installation, there is an option check for it when you install Gaea.

digitalguru

Thanks for your reply Nala, I have tried a clean installation and did a system rollback etc.

Just out of interest - what is your Windows 10 version / update?

WAS

Curiously, do you have a internet connection while you do this? I believe it contacts licensing servers during loading. Perhaps there is a retry on timeout, that is infinitely looping.

Nala1977

win 10 version 1909

os build: 18363.900

digitalguru

good to know - thanks

digitalguru

Hi Jordan,

That's a good thought, but I did also try with Firewall off etc, I do get a brief dialog box that kinda looks like the Adobe symbol, but it's always behind the load CMD dialog and never stays on screen long enough to see, I also get an error for Archon.exe

WAS

Sounds like they are using archon to gather user statistics, and it's failing.

amandas

Quote from: digitalguru on June 18, 2020, 11:19:46 AMI updated to Gaea-1.2.0.3 and now it gets stuck on loading. This version also loads .NET Framework 4.8 as part of the install and I'm guessing that might be part of the problem.

Has anybody experienced similar issues?

This is on Windows 10, I tried it on my Windows 7 machine and it installs and loads with no issues.

ps. I did contact Quadspinner about 10 days ago but have had no reply.
Gaea 1.2.0.3 was a disaster, a total crash fest. I needed to downgrade to 1.0.29 (nice build). There is a fresh update now that supposedly addresses those crashes, haven't checked yet.

Best
Artist / Developer
open for freelance / full project cycle
http://arturmandas.com

jaf

I using v1.2.0.4 and it loads up OK -- haven't tested it that much yet -- just one of the sample scenes and it built OK.
win10 1909 build 18363.900
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

digitalguru

Yes, I tried the new 1.2.0.4 update and had the same issue - Gaea just hangs on boot up. Work ok on Windows 7 though.

WAS

Quote from: digitalguru on July 16, 2020, 08:45:05 AMYes, I tried the new 1.2.0.4 update and had the same issue - Gaea just hangs on boot up. Work ok on Windows 7 though.

Have you tried reformatting? I know it's super extreme, but I've had lots of errors on Windows 10 which just prevent stuff from running, and the only thing that fixes is it is  hard reformatt, not even resetting.

For example for no reason I couldn't install or run any VPNs on my A10, and had to run it on the router. Reformatted just the other day and damn thing is working fine on VPN apps. Origin doesn't work on my current PC at all, but works on my A10 just fine. Just a really weird OS.

amandas

Quote from: digitalguru on July 16, 2020, 08:45:05 AMYes, I tried the new 1.2.0.4 update and had the same issue - Gaea just hangs on boot up. Work ok on Windows 7 though.
Have you tried disabling all firewalls / antivirus soft? Gaea uses different subsystems to communicate to each other (Unity for 3D rendering, .NET framework for main app, some external libs... - maybe there is a comms issue between them. You may also try reinstalling it (you can change whether for all users or localized to the account). BTW, Gaea 1.2.0.4 works ok here, no crash so far.
Artist / Developer
open for freelance / full project cycle
http://arturmandas.com

digitalguru

Quote from: WAS on July 16, 2020, 09:16:57 PMHave you tried reformatting? I know it's super extreme, but I've had lots of errors on Windows 10 which just prevent stuff from running, and the only thing that fixes is it is  hard reformatt, not even resetting.

No, I do very occasionally re-install my OS and programs, but that takes a long time and frankly, it isn't worth it just to get Gaea to run. Besides, I've haven't come across a program yet that needs a full os re-install to get running.

Though I doubt that's the problem anyway, maybe it's a graphics driver - I'm slightly hamstrung by the fact I'm working from home, and can't make major changes to my system mid project.
Quote from: amandas on July 17, 2020, 10:05:10 AMHave you tried disabling all firewalls / antivirus soft? Gaea uses different subsystems to communicate to each other (Unity for 3D rendering, .NET framework for main app, some external libs...
First thing I've tried, it's not that unfortunately.