Horizon

Started by Kadri, June 19, 2020, 08:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

I am rendering one with 0.5 detail and AA 8 right now. Curious how it will look.
Ulco i actually use mostly AA6 and AA8 indeed when not needed more of course.

And as i had many versions i saw that the one i used had the sun strength not at 15
(that was a version with a much lower sun) as i said above.
It was 1.2 in this version. Soft shadow is ON this time.

I changed the water transparency to zero now as it is probably not much important here.

This will take a while. As it wasn't for the Ryzen 9 i bought lately i wouldn't do much of the latest renders probably.

Hannes

Wasn't it something inside the render subdivision settings? Detail jittering or microvertex jittering?

Kadri

Quote from: Hannes on June 20, 2020, 08:30:37 AMWasn't it something inside the render subdivision settings? Detail jittering or microvertex jittering?

Maybe. I will look later. For now postwork is OK. Thanks Hannes.

Dune

Isn't the line because of the 256 variation limit of a PF or something? And having to do with the x=0 line? Maybe shift the lake (if you used one).
I would indeed loose the transparency, but also the soft shadows won't be very visible. But if you have such a Ryzen monster, who cares?

Kadri

Thanks Ulco. I will have a look later.
Soft shadow won't be visible probably but yeah as you said why not :)

KyL

This looks wonderful. Awesome pic, well done.

Kadri

Thank you.

I tried some softer renders. In one the water was bad because of some things i changed probably (using a planet,soft light or whatever).
I just didn't change those things and just added a soft light and tried the suggestions from Hannes and Ulco about the vertical lines.
It worked as it looks. Thanks.
Detail was 0.7, AA 8. I think especially the changes about water made the image very slow to render. Instead of 3-5 hours it took 14 hours.
But no problem for a still image.

Curious what you think about this softer version.

Hannes

I think, this is great now!

Dune

Yes, totally agree with Hannes. Terrific. But still I think detail 0.5 and maybe AA6 would yield similar results, and be faster. Maybe PT isn't even needed?

Kadri

Thanks guys.

Ulco it could be enough probably. I wanted just to be sure instead of many re-renderings.
My Terragen version is old 4.1.25 there is no PT. Maybe the water especially could look different but i don't know.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Kadri on June 21, 2020, 08:34:10 AMThank you.

I tried some softer renders. In one the water was bad because of some things i changed probably (using a planet,soft light or whatever).
I just didn't change those things and just added a soft light and tried the suggestions from Hannes and Ulco about the vertical lines.
It worked as it looks. Thanks.
Detail was 0.7, AA 8. I think especially the changes about water made the image very slow to render. Instead of 3-5 hours it took 14 hours.
But no problem for a still image.

Curious what you think about this softer version.
I like this one...I see you got rid of the "center line" in the water....that bugged me in the earlier one
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist