Horizon

Started by Kadri, June 19, 2020, 08:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

New render.

Hannes

Woah, brillant, Kadri! Very cinematic! Maybe a tad too sharp imho.

Kadri

Quote from: Hannes on June 19, 2020, 08:11:42 AM... Maybe a tad too sharp imho.

Thanks Hannes. I wasn't sure about the sharpness. Preferred this sharper version here but could be a little less maybe :)

luvsmuzik

Calm, very pretty! Is your lens effect PS or TG bloom? I like the sharpness.

Kadri

Quote from: luvsmuzik on June 19, 2020, 09:45:38 AM... Is your lens effect PS or TG bloom? I like the sharpness.
Thanks. It is from Hitfilm.

Dune

Terrific render! A photo, until you see the 'wasps'. A tad less sharp would do it for me too.

Tangled-Universe

That's pretty awesome! Great sense of scale and great sci-fi mood, very convincing!
What were your render settings? The water could use some extra AA love and there's also some noise in the clouds which together takes away some of the realism.

mhaze

Wonderful! The colour is great and yes it could be softer.

Kadri

Thanks all.

Regarding sharpness you are right. As i said above i don't know why but in this one i preferred the sharpness (i still do :) ).
Normally i try to use it moderately. But it is hard for sure here.
I wanted it more then normal to make it different as a science fiction image because the science fiction elements are not much here.

Martin, i think it looks more hard because of the highlights too a little. The sun strength was 15.
Detail 0.7,  AA 5, Defer ON (v. 4.1.25) V2 clouds.
The noise in the clouds is more from post work from sharpening mostly i think, as i didn't add any. At least not deliberately.

Just to have a better look you can see the original render below.

Kadri

The interesting thing is that like i like to tease ( :) ) Hannes sometimes of his chromatic aberration use in his images,
i actually saw the noise and sharpness but it looked OK here this time to me. Kinda funny-ironic ? :)

Dune

Why detail 0.7 and AA5? I would say detail 0.5 and AA 6 or 8 would yield better results. The only detail is in the water, unless you wanted that to be extremely crisp.

Hannes

Quote from: Kadri on June 20, 2020, 07:24:08 AMThe interesting thing is that like i like to tease ( :) ) Hannes sometimes of his chromatic aberration use in his images,
i actually saw the noise and sharpness but it looked OK here this time to me. Kinda funny-ironic ? :)
;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Dune on June 20, 2020, 07:51:49 AMWhy detail 0.7 and AA5? I would say detail 0.5 and AA 6 or 8 would yield better results. The only detail is in the water, unless you wanted that to be extremely crisp.
I think, Ulco is right. Compared to the sky, the water looks very rough.

And there's this vertical line in the water. I remember there was a workaround for that, but can't remember at the moment.

Kadri

Quote from: Dune on June 20, 2020, 07:51:49 AMWhy detail 0.7 and AA5? I would say detail 0.5 and AA 6 or 8 would yield better results. The only detail is in the water, unless you wanted that to be extremely crisp.
Yes that and because i made an animation test for a better look with different sun positions. Didn't want it to take too long.

Kadri

Hannes (by the way  ;D ) i searched for the workaround but couldn't find it strangely about that water problem.
I don't remember how to change it. Getting old probably.
I am just testing a crop with a planet node instead the lake object to see if there is any difference.