Software Stability on Macbook Pro

Started by adrianlines, June 21, 2020, 08:38:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

adrianlines

Is there anything I can do to make the software more stable on a macbook pro (2018) 16gb running hi-sierra.
When it works, the application is great but it's extremely frustrating that the application crashes all the time when selecting certain functions.
I can't press the main library shortcut button at all, without it crashing, although I can access the library if I select it through objects/terrain/shaders etc.
I read there is a delay on the catalina version, will this update also address stability issues.

Matt

Hi Adrian,

I'm going to send you a link to a new build now. There was a stability issue in 4.4.44 which has been fixed in the new build, but I don't know if that's the cause of the crashes you're seeing.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

jhmart1

July 03, 2020, 08:27:47 am #2 Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 09:10:29 am by jhmart1
I seem to be having the same problem in the last few days: the application keeps crashing for no apparent reason. Tried downloading and opening the 4.4.67 Frontier build, but the 3D preview is the size of a postage stamp and cannot be enlarged. Very frustrating. Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 7.31.14 AM.png
Crash report attached.Crash Report 20200703.pdf

Matt

Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.