Travellers entry WIP

Started by cyphyr, July 04, 2020, 07:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

A bit late to the party this time. I couldn't get started or inspired ... strange times indeed.

Nearly there, a couple more elements to add but this is pretty much what I will be submitting.

Good luck everyone :)
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

WAS

That looks really nice! Though only thing I could suggest is maybe adjust the trees that are popping through the wings of the ship. Unless it was lowering down straight over them, I don't know, but it did catch my attention and I wondered how much physical branching is inside the ship.

God rays look really nice but I kinda wish I could see into the forest better.

Dune

Cool render, and nice concept. Good luck to you too.

mhaze

Hetzen

Looks really good Richard. The only thing for me is the telegraph poles scale in relation to the horse and caravan. I didn't notice the tree sticking through the ship model.

Good luck.

cyphyr

Yeah the poles are gone now and I have swapped out the ship and a few other refinements.
Rendering a 1080p now and I'll try for a higher res if time allows.
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

j meyer

WAS

Poles look like the right height, just kinda really skinny. Depth seems weird across the street with the caravan and horse.

Can't wait to see the new version.

Jo Kariboo

There is a lot of software mastery here. I like the POV and the contrast between the carriage and the city. I think it's a good idea to remove the poles.

cyphyr

Ok this is basically my final, I don't thing there is time for any more re-renders.
I may (probably not!) push the render layers about a bit.

VW Mini Bus is from DAZ3D
Gypsy Waggon and Horse are from HiveWire3D
Milano is from Sketch Fab
Trees are From X-frog and SpeedTree
Rocks are from Quixel Megascan
Flock of Birds is from Hannes (file sharing area on this forum)
Everything else is by myself.

Probably sit on this for a couple of hours and then upload this evening.

Travellers_17_raw.jpg
www.richardfraservfx.com
/|\

Jo Kariboo

Yes, it's better without the poles. I don't know about adding VW Mini Bus. It's just a personal impression but I already found excellent the contrast with the carriage and the rest futuristic. The sky and the light are excellent! Good luck!

Ariel DK

The image is wonderful, but i can't finish to figure out the contrast you created with the carriage and rest of the image, ahg! is just my own foolishness, good luck richard!
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

Dune

I think I liked it better without the bus as well. You made it a bit too 'busy', IMHO. But the light is still terrific!

N-drju

Wow... a really unusual collection of objects. :o Actually, a parade of travellers one might say - I like it!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"