Honoring tab sequence in panels

Started by uuderzo, July 15, 2020, 07:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uuderzo

I often set parameters by keyboard jumping back and forth with the tab key combinations.
I noticed that there is something weird in the tab sequence as the focus seems to jump randomly from a field to another.
Or, at least, the sequence doesn't follow what i suppose to be a logical order.
Would be possible to address this annoying behavior in some future release?

jaf

I questioned that years ago and no one seemed to think there was a problem.  I still do.  For example, enter an object and in the panel, click in the Translate x text entry box.  Enter a value and TAB -- goes the the Y box (good.) Another TAB goes to the Z box.  Good so far. Now another TAB.  Where did the cursor go? Hit another TAB. Now where is it?  Anyway, it takes six TABs from the z translate text box to get to the x Rotate text box.  

Anyway, it takes 21 TABs to sequence through the nine entries for translate, rotate, and scale! Those other controls, like the up/down or  copy/paste coordinates are usually done by mouse clicks.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

WAS

Both order, and targets is messed up.

You can tell when you tab from Translate X, than it tabs to Z, but than there are three tabs which I guess are going from X up down arrows to Z up down arrows, and than finally paste button, before BACKING up to animation key of that row, before jumping to the next line. You can't focus on the up/down arrows to use keys, so this is a bad target. I only assume it's these up down arrows being targets because if it's another field, with just a single input and up down arrows, there is only one miss-tab before the paste button.