It's snowing!

Started by Harvey Birdman, October 21, 2007, 09:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

I'm actually taking a course on it very fascinating stuff it is, apparently the thread drifts at a speed directly related to that of ones worldly knowledge.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Harvey Birdman

You're sure that's a direct relationship and not an inverse one?

;)

Will

depends on the topic...though the prof. did say the people involved in the discussion have a great impact on its flow and drift.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Dark Fire

I see. That explains why it's always threads that I'm involved in that drift horribly off-topic...

It's a good skill for instant messaging though... :D

Sethren

In other news we do get snow in the San Bernardino and San Gabriel Mountains here but nothing compared to up north.  ;D  It snowed in the Inland Empire once but that was back in the 50s i think. I heard from someone though just a few short years ago that there was a very light snow, more like a fine thin coat of white over the sidewalks until the warming air evaporated it away quickly.

sonshine777

I grew up in Big Bear Lake, and remember many snowy winters. I left in 1971 and have only been back a couple of times. It's a lot different here in the NW where all you see is rain. But at least it is green and not burning down.

Now thats how you cover all of the topics that have been covered in a deviated thread. ;D

arisdemos

Like sonshine I l now live in the cascades of Oregon, but was raised till 25 in the shadows of the LA foothills. Having been a wildfire crewchief for ten years I can telll you that nothing gets your heart beating like a three foot log on fire and rapidly rolling down hill to clipping you in the but. The real glow begins when your fire hose snaps you up short sixty feet below the cliff you just got knocked off of.

Speaking of arsonists and other vermin I kind of wonder if the drug cartels of the Mexican border region are not gaining something in the way of rights of passage from having all the California national guard being recalled from their border watch to fight this possibly enemy created catastrophy? I even wonder if California is paying for the cheap cost of an Al Quaida funded cross border assault by anti-American coyotes? I doubt our US Government controlled news media  will let anything like that get beyond  the grassroots suspicions category.

Arisdemos-

Harvey Birdman

Quote from: sonshine777 on October 25, 2007, 02:20:10 PM
... Now thats how you cover all of the topics that have been covered in a deviated thread. ;D

Nicely done.   :D

Arisdemos - wow! I tell you, I have a lot of respect for the guys that fight those things. I swear, the sight of the one good one I saw up close was one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. Massive Douglas Firs just absolutely exploding from the heat... flames literally hundreds of feet in the air over these big stands, and four-engine bombers actually flying below the tops of the flames and pinwheeling their aircraft on a wingtip like a fighter, throwing retardant nearly sideways, then making just miraculous tree-top scraping escapes down-valley... friggin' cool, dude.

8)

arisdemos

@Harvey: Real cool is right dude, but just don't look up when they drop that bloody red retardent stuff over you en mass, because it almost knocks your friggin head off.

Arisdemos-

Harvey Birdman

Sounds like the age-old rivalry of the infantry versus the air corps.

:D

dhavalmistry

first snow of winter and its a storm!!!  :-\ >:(

schools were closed....public transportation schedules were messed up and many accidents forcing the authority to close highways!

HATE WINTER  >:(
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

NWsenior07

Here in Kansas we were enjoying ~75 degree weather on tuesday and then Friday night we got snow and this morning there was about an inch on the ground. In my opinion that has to be a record. (granted it all melted today.)