Downloading FIles with Firefox Issue

Started by WAS, July 23, 2020, 11:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

I'm having an issue and I'm not sure what's going. I reinstalled Mozilla firefox, and now when I download text based files, most importantly, TGC/TGD files like from my gdrive, they're all corrupted. When I open the file all that in it is

%ÐÄÆ´ÎÅÔ ...€€‰

1 0 obj

Any ideas? Chrome works alright, though I'm not the biggest fan of it lately and would love to keep using Firefox.

I'm assuming "1 0 obj" is something to do with firefoxs file writer, or the maybe the buffer stream it stored as a "obj" as tmp, but it doesn't have anything to do with 3d stuff. That was from a normal txt file example I uploaded to my server with FTP.

Kadri

I use Firefox. For testing which file can you show me that you have a problem Jordan.

WAS

It started with trying to download one of my quickie projects to do in team viewer with a friend: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xjmZBeXmpfh7O5VtjETc77HihCgbgl5w/view?usp=sharing

And then also you can try https://3denv.com/tmp/GlobalShores.tgd

Kadri

The first one loads just fine.

The second one gets this standard warning:
"Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead
Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to 3denv.com. The web site is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.
It's likely the web site's certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.
What can you do about it?
The issue is most likely with the web site, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the web site's administrator about the problem."

So i didn't open it.

WAS

Yeah, my SSL certificate is looong expired. It just means you'd be proceeding with HTTP rather than HTTPS. That website on my server enforces SSL, so you can't direct to HTTP to not get the warning, it'll always forward to HTTPS and present the warning.

WAS

I'm going to remove every trace I can find of Firefox and try a fresh installation. Feel reinstalling messed up some settings.