Medieval border post

Started by Dune, August 25, 2020, 02:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Some commission I'm working on. Will be a set of different periods and different use of the terrain over time.

masonspappy

I like this, especially that big tree with the stand and man in it. Did you make that tree yourself? and if so, which software did you use?

Hannes

Great image! I love the details.

René

Very nice. There is plenty to see, even in the distance.

Dune

The tree is Speedtree, the platform I made in Lightwave, and some ZBrush for ropes around beams. There's a flag hanging from a branch, which was made and draped in Marvelous Designer.

sboerner

Lots to look at here. Beautiful job as always with the foliage and ground cover. Very rich environment and nice details with the hero tree and platform. Is that an artificial channel cutting across the scene? I guess there's a culvert or some hidden structure beneath the road. Please share the other scenes in the series as they are finished too.

Dune

Yes. There are three systems of channels with an embankment between, cutting across a 'peninsula or crossing' of dry land between swampy lowlands. First (1389 AD) one system to keep cattle on one side, later (16th century) a bigger defence system with the 2 extra systems, which this is a detail from.
There's no culvert, the channels just stopped near the road.

j meyer

8) Nice one.
Especially like the tree.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

mhaze

Dune

Same spot, different cam, 300 years later.

masonspappy

It's really as if you were there observing from a distance!