Patrol 2046

Started by Hannes, August 25, 2020, 04:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

The main structure of this town (or whatever this is) is a greebled structure I made long time ago and used several times in other images. I populated this object with loads of stuff and added these flying vehicles. It's a free object called Mjolnir from Sketchfab. I edited the texture maps a lot, until I liked it.
The thrusters' fire is made by two (orange and white) narrow spotlights each and a small localised cloud around each thruster. I did some tests with geometry, but it didn't look good, so I found this solution. It's a pain in the you know what to place those spotlights exactly where they belong, but in the end it worked. So animation is a no go until there is a grouping feature implemented.

Dune

Great stuff!
Would be great if you could populate spotlights onto geometry, then it would be easy. You could make a few extra very small objects (plane or block) in the thrusters, exactly where the light should be, save as separate objects, then locating with only those enabled would be easier. Just copy locations into spotlights, and point them.

masonspappy

Looks like the end result was worth the trouble!

sboerner

Nice metallic surfaces on the flyers. (And exhaust flames too.)

zaxxon

"Thor's Hammer" (Mjolnir) indeed! The flying ships are ominous to say the least. Beautifully conceived and rendered!

j meyer

Another nice version of your greebled structure.
And cool textured sketchfab objects here.

WAS

This is pretty awesome. Dig the ships texturing and thrusters a lot. Paid off well.

pclavett

Amazing detail in the cityscape !
Stunning image !
Paul

DocCharly65

mhaze