Ceremonial Brazier / Firepan

Started by masonspappy, August 26, 2020, 07:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

The odd-looking metal structure in the middle is a ceremonial brazier (aka firepan) made in Blender. I wanted a setting to display it in that didn't detract too much from the brazier.
Two smaller supporting ornamental globes are stationed on either side of it.
The idea is that all 3 globes would be self-illuminating so needed a balance of enough light to clearly see the metal structure but not overwhelm the globe's glow.
Desert sand texture comes from an old "Sandelo" shader (think "Sandelo" was actually user "Dandelo" but not sure about that).
There's a thing going on with the left and right globes where the self-illumination fails and leaves a blank line (orange underline on left globe).
As always, C's & C's welcomed and appreciated.

luvsmuzik

Fantastic objects! Gold finish is spectacular here. 

Not sure about the globes, is the IOR set really high ? I would like crystal clear better I think.  :) Great terrain and render.

pclavett

masonspappy

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 26, 2020, 08:56:22 AMNot sure about the globes, is the IOR set really high ? I would like crystal clear better I think.
It might be - have to double-check and see where I left the settings. Thanks!

masonspappy

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 26, 2020, 08:56:22 AMNot sure about the globes, is the IOR set really high ? I would like crystal clear better I think.  :) Great terrain and render.
The 3 glass globes are illuminated by a single light source at the base of each globe. I think the strength parameter was set too high. I've dialed it back (from "3" to ".1") and get this result .  I still want each globe to be self-illuminating (ala "light bulbs of the ancient Egyptians" ) I like it better than the original - so Thanks Luvs!