The crossing

Started by sboerner, August 30, 2020, 09:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sboerner

Now that I have some experience rigging and posing human figures I've started on a new generation of models. The meshes deform better now and the faces are finally rigged. (No more thousand-yard stare. :) ) For the past couple of weeks I've also been making a deep dive into Blender and am impressed with its rigging capabilities. So this model, which was originally made in Silo, is now rigged in Blender and shaded in Painter. Clothing by Marvelous.

The pose is for a new scene (steersman on a Durham boat). The title of this thread will become more clear soon, I promise.

Dune

Great guy! Must be a dramatic image you're building... curious!

luvsmuzik

Stay tuned......hopefully the whole load didn't shift..... ;D

sboerner

Quotehopefully the whole load didn't shift
Maybe not! But enough of it must have . . .  ;)

Here's another one. (He's posed in mid-air because his location is relative to the object he'll be standing on.) Progress has been a bit slow as I learn Blender's rigging system and quirks. But we're closing in . . .

Dune

Awesome! Did you use the wind effect in MD in this?

sboerner

DocCharly65

Great job!
I assume the men are holding either horses or ropes with heavy load at a crane?

Just an idea for an appropriate recycling of the guys´ cool poses: Perhaps you get an idea of a render with a ballon or even zeppelin? :)

Dune

sboerner

QuotePerhaps you get an idea of a render with a ballon or even zeppelin?

:) :) :)  Maybe like something out of the Wild, Wild West!

They're all pulling on ropes. Meanwhile, here's one more.

Dune

Getting more curious about the whole setting!

sboerner

Completed scene. Humans modeled in Silo and rigged/posed in Blender, boat modeled in Blender, shading done in Painter. Lightning inspired by Hannes and made with Blender's ivy generator. Water foam based on examples posted by Dune, Hannes, with a few tweaks. Thanks to Kadri and Was for their help with the slanted rainfall.

The scene is set in 1821 on Oneida Lake in central NY state. The boat did not make it to shore . . . the model is based on the wreck of a Durham boat discovered on the bottom of the lake in 2011.

Lady of the Lake

Wow, this is super.  Was fun watching the figures be made.

WAS

Quote from: sboerner on September 13, 2020, 01:19:40 PMCompleted scene. Humans modeled in Silo and rigged/posed in Blender, boat modeled in Blender, shading done in Painter. Lightning inspired by Hannes and made with Blender's ivy generator. Water foam based on examples posted by Dune, Hannes, with a few tweaks. Thanks to Kadri and Was for their help with the slanted rainfall.

The scene is set in 1821 on Oneida Lake in central NY state. The boat did not make it to shore . . . the model is based on the wreck of a Durham boat discovered on the bottom of the lake in 2011.
Fantastic, love the lighting and illusion of movement. The scene is captured very well.

sboerner