River scene

Started by RogueNZ, August 31, 2020, 05:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RogueNZ

WAS grasses, Xfrog trees, volumetric density driven water, path traced etc. Used a negative value for variation and got some really cool cumulus looking Easy clouds. Pleased with the realism, path tracing had a huge effect on this scene (and also render times!).

Dune

Very nice render! Negative variation is indeed a good method to get cleaner big clouds. The slanting reflections are probably caused by wide angle lens.

zaxxon

That's a very nice scene and a beautiful render. Subtle rock detail and lush foliage, backed by a big sky, well done!

sboerner

Nice! Has a real Kodachrome feel to it . . . love the colors.

Hannes

Very nice and realistic! The only thing that would add even more to realism is a darker wet area a bit above the water line.

WAS

Lighting looks wonderful, and looks like a calm part of the river, looking at some neat scenery.

I agree with Hannes, that would add a lot to the scene. Maybe phase it out a little bit at the top, and add a line of lighter stone colour to represent silt sediment and calcium buildup from the water. Looks like that stone would leech a lot into the river, plus it's loose dirts/sands.

RogueNZ

Thanks all! I used a 14mm focal length which definitely explains the slanted reflections.

I did have a subtle water line layer but agree it could have been extended, WAS's idea about a lighter colored buildup is a good one.