DAZ Studio - Plugin Help

Started by WAS, October 24, 2020, 01:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Anyone, like Ulco, familiar with DAZ Plugins? Where do I start? What should I get for human/animal modeling? Additionally, what is a good hair generation plugin? I see Garibaldi is gone now which is one i looked at years ago. I saw https://www.daz3d.com/look-at-my-hair which looks pretty promising and not too expensive. Is anyone familiar with it as well?

Side questions too, I notice plugins don't really explicitly state if they are forward compatible does something, like for Look At My Hair mean that it's only available with that software version when it states "Daz Studio 4.12".

Dune

I don't really use plugins, so I can't help you there. And to model them, you don't need plugins, as there are free figures coming with DAZ that give you a head start. But there's a lot of free stuff around, like hair, poses, etc. There are also (lots of) .bvh files for the Genesis 2 figure to be found. If imported the figure does a little dance or something. I never use them, as I only use G1, but it's fun.
You can ask Alessandro Mastronardi if his hair plugin works with the latest version, but I think so. Never used it myself, though. He makes animals, btw. The best available for DAZ, I'd say.

WAS

Quote from: Dune on October 24, 2020, 02:33:56 AMI don't really use plugins, so I can't help you there. And to model them, you don't need plugins, as there are free figures coming with DAZ that give you a head start. But there's a lot of free stuff around, like hair, poses, etc. There are also (lots of) .bvh files for the Genesis 2 figure to be found. If imported the figure does a little dance or something. I never use them, as I only use G1, but it's fun.
You can ask Alessandro Mastronardi if his hair plugin works with the latest version, but I think so. Never used it myself, though. He makes animals, btw. The best available for DAZ, I'd say.
I didn't even notice the the author. Lol ill message him