Red Skies Yellow Sands - music album slideshow

Started by Benedict_Roff-Marsh, September 20, 2020, 06:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benedict_Roff-Marsh

My latest music album set to images from Terragen 4.4

I admit that I have used the new version for all of 10 mins and my skills are 99% of nonexistent. I also used the Demo version so exports are low rez and smaller than HD.

The video was made in HitFilm Express 15 from images I made using Terragen 4.4. I used Terragen ages ago (pre V 1.0) and enjoyed it. You can see an early Terragen render on the cover for The Body Pool from 2008. The free/demo version of Terragen lets you output your work but in a limited way. I used that to make it seem more like photos we get back from Mars. With a few layers and the "Atomic Particles" effect, I made the photos seem more immersive.

I also tried blender which despite being super powerful is a) scary convoluted and b) doesn't naturally make a whole planet I can wander about. Initially, I was hoping to make a completely animated or even a playable walkthrough using something like the Unreal engine but found the learning curve prohibitive in the time I wanted to spend. Maybe next time.

Official page: https://benedictroffmarsh.com/2020/09/20/red-skies-yellow-sand/

:-)

WAS

Great synth music to create too. I like this sort of stuff, so right up my alley, and cool to see Terragen used for the video.

Dune

Cool combination. Though I admit it's not my taste of music it wonderfully fits with the video. Good job! And I really like the cover!!

And welcome to this forum also.

Benedict_Roff-Marsh

Thanks guys.

I am not sure where I will go with the next album, whether landscape will be relevant, but I still like Terragen a lot, even after all those years & versions. Music is my full-time passion so having to invest a lot of time in another discipline is not really on my cards.

If any of you want music for your images, I am always happy to be asked. I have awards for a few films.

I did this one with my partner and there is a full length in the works now.

:-)