Cirrus tests.

Started by René, September 21, 2020, 03:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Maybe if you rotate it and add?

Hetzen

Quote from: René on September 28, 2020, 07:57:11 AM
Quote from: undefinedThe Alpine Fractal is 2D anyway.
If the Alpine shader is 2d, does that mean that it is basically useless for 3D clouds? That would be a pity, because the Alpine shader does exactly what you see on the edges of some clouds.
It will project the same shape through it's altitude, so you could warp it with a 3d PF.

Some good experiments you've got going.

WAS

I think apline shapes are a good look too. I'm playing around with using the alpine shader as a vector warper for voronoi ridges noise and it seems it might be going somewhere.

WAS

Here is a quick test using the alpine as a warper, and depth modulator (inverted) to basic voronoi noise (0.5 contrast). It looks good to me, much better than what I was doing before which I kept wonder what "looked the best". The sinking of the denser ice crystals, and wisps of drafts pulling them out and up look realistic to my eyes.

René

I made a few more with different settings for the Alpine shader: scale step 6, stretch factor 7, and a lot of merging and warping.

WAS

I think these ones look really good! Great job Rene!

René

Nala1977

these are fantastic, great job!

Dune

Fine feathered cirrus, I like them! Good work.

DocCharly65

bobbystahr

Quote from: René on November 26, 2020, 12:27:43 PMI made a few more with different settings for the Alpine shader: scale step 6, stretch factor 7, and a lot of merging and warping.
Very cool man, never thought of that...well done !
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

vinyvince

Quote from: René on November 26, 2020, 12:27:43 PMI made a few more with different settings for the Alpine shader: scale step 6, stretch factor 7, and a lot of merging and warping.

They looks realyl great Rene, bravo! Will you mind sharing one example maybe please?

René

Here you go. The basic principle is quite straight forward. Subsequently I combined the alpine fractal with other fractals through masking and using the merge shader. With the latter a lot is possible by the way. And warping of course.

Dune

Thanks for sharing, René!

mhaze

Thanks Rene. Much appreciated