A Star Wars spaceship in NYC

Started by Hannes, September 26, 2020, 11:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Thanks for your nice words, Zaxxon (and to the rest of course). Usually I try to create images, I'd like to see for myself. I really love images (of all kinds - CG, drawings or photographs, whatever), where I can look at for quite some time and still can spot new things.

I have to say, that I haven't done very much with 3DCoat so far, but even if I've only scratched the surface, I'd say, it's not too complicated to use and export at least some smart materials. But of course this is just the beginning. There's still a lot to learn. Anyway it's fun! :)

Kadri

Wanted to wait a little before commenting. The image looks great and some part in general look quite realistic.
Just don't know maybe it is only me, there is something at the same time that feels off.
Maybe chromatic aberration (and i don't mean it because i don't like it :) ) or something else....Bahhh just talking out loud.
The image is cool other then my fuzzy feelings :)

Hannes

Thanks a lot, Kadri! I always appreciate constructive criticism. And I like the "chromatic aberration-running gag" between us. ;D ;D ;D

WAS

You may be on to something though. Maybe there should be more specular in the scene and stronger window reflections. It is a very brooding mood.

Hannes

mhaze

René

At first I thought this was a montage of a render of a spaceship and a picture of a city. I like the spaceship but my attention goes to the city with all those people and vehicles. The lighting is spot on, and as far as I'm concerned indistinguishable from a photo.

Hannes

Wow, thanks, René! Much appreciated! :)

KyL