How do I print a rendered scene to a printer

Started by Flyman1, November 07, 2020, 01:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyman1

I am new to Terragen.  I am trying to create a scene for a Model Railroad backdrop.  So I am getting to close to something that will work for me.  My question is "can the rendered file be taken to a place like Kinkos (I am in the US) and will they be able to print it on a large piece of paper"?  Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

WAS

Kinkos didn't know what to do with a EXR I brought in a year back, so I'm not sure how behind they are on standards but TIFF and JPEG images they will have no problem with I'm sure. I had the TIFF version on me, and they jused used that.

Flyman1

So it seems the rendered version is a .TIFF file.  So if I bring that to Kinkos, I should be OK?  That is good news if true.  Thank you.

WAS

Yeah, they even advertise their most common file formats you can bring in on USB as PDF, JPEG, and TIFF. They have also handled my PSD files in the past for posters for events here in Seattle, but I don't know if that's a universal thing or just because they had it on a system.