Free ReMESH Alternative?

Started by WAS, November 07, 2020, 03:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

So, some old xfrog objects don't like to be subdivided and the mesh seam stretches, causing UV to break, which isn't recalculating in poseray. I tried loading these models with reMESH and it just throws a "Can't read faces #0 [ABORT]" prompt. Which is odd cause I thought this was the best tool for buggy meshes. These models work fine in Blender, Poseray, Terragen, and I'm sure many other programs.

I'm sure blender could but I'm still at a loss with it.

sboerner

My goto for buggy meshes is Meshlab. It doesn't have the most intuitive interface but it can handle and repair very large meshes. Not sure it will do what you need but might be worth a look.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

WAS, did you figure out how to fix your model?  I am curious which xFrog Tree you are having issues with.

-Derek

WAS

Black alder adult (europe1), and I haven't yet. I did download Meshlab though just haven't tried yet.

Another issue I didn't even notice is the trunk and roots are seperate meshes with different subdivision levels/UVs, so they don't blend well when you add any displacement.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

OK, I'll take a look at it.  I know I could fix that using ZBrush, but I'd end up re-UVing the model when I'm done.

-Derek