Vertical Lines

Started by rcallicotte, November 30, 2007, 08:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Any suggestions or ideas or personal experience with vertical lines like these? 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Kevin F

Isn't this a displacement "feature"? Try tweaking displacements to lateral only to see if you can get more control. Can't help much without the file though.

rcallicotte

Thanks, Kevin.  I see what you're saying, but I've already ripped the file apart trying to understand what's wrong.  As soon as I get it back together, and if I'm still having this problem, I'll post the TGD.

old_blaggard

These lines are caused when there is a sudden (ie. not smooth or continuous) change of displacement.  Conditional scalar functions almost always cause this, but really stretched power fractals and even Compute normal/terrain have been culprits in my experience before.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

Thanks, o_b.  I believe this is where my problem arises - from the lack of continuity in my displacement changes.

Quote from: old_blaggard on November 30, 2007, 09:20:23 AM
These lines are caused when there is a sudden (ie. not smooth or continuous) change of displacement.  Conditional scalar functions almost always cause this, but really stretched power fractals and even Compute normal/terrain have been culprits in my experience before.

dhavalmistry

try turning one "Smooth Surface" in compute terrain node.....if that doesnt do...then increase the patch size....although by increasing the patch size might change the shape of terrain a bit.
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"