Notes still loosing linebreaks

Started by WAS, November 27, 2020, 11:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Notes are still loosing line breaks when you load a TGC into Terragen.

I also do not understand why TG is loading TGC in write mode, and saving over them with what it "reads". This creates a risk of loosing TGCs to a TG crash during buffer. 

Saving TGC with line breaks works, but once opened, it looses the line breaks and TG saves over the file with what it "fixed", with no line breaks, ruining commentary blocks and ease of reading.

Matt

I think you're referring to the issue where a clip file is automatically added to the Library when you load it (depending on your Preferences), the Library rewrites the clip file with some metadata and unfortunately uses a different XML module which formats things incorrectly.

You can prevent this from happening by going to Preferences > Library. Uncheck "Clips" so that it doesn't automatically add them to the Library when they are opened.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Oh alright. Sounds like a quick fix, but that just means that feature is broken?

I suppose it's fine for me as I don't use the library altogether, but others using shared TGCs with commentary and directions will have this issue.

I know how my shaders work and most shares, but I'm concerned about who they're geared too, and even my TGC products.

Matt

I've just realised it's happening even when that setting is unchecked, so it's affecting more people than I thought. I'll try to get this working better.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Kinda random to this but I didn't feel it really needed a whole new topic...

Is it possible to implement a markup parser for the notes? Can edit the note in normal text and it displays parsed markup? I think it would be very handy with formatting information for the user to read. Separating blocks of info and highlighting important stuff with bold, italics, etc.

For example too, on Planet Sides part, it could be used for some very nice introduction notes in project examples. Heck, I'm not sure all the limitations of a C or other language markup parser, but maybe even links would work for linking the wiki from a paragraph explaining something.