Last Post Sub Forum

Started by WAS, November 30, 2020, 12:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Curious, I don't remember, is there a way to set the latest post to the subforums + the basic forum? I don't have SMF installed but I fear subforums topics aren't browsed as often as normal forums.

I used to get regular downloads from just PlanetSide traffic but since I and others moved my topics to subforums that are essential stagnant. Even new posts. 

Also notice bots seem to be going to only board indexes and topics from there which may be part of the problem. Maybe there is a robots txt file that doesn't include some sort of logic for subforums? Just curious why subforums topics get little replies, downloads, and stuff anymore.

Matt

View counts on images are incorrect. As far as I can tell they only count when someone clicks on the text link, not the thumbnail. That's an SMF issue but it might be specific to the current version, I don't know.

"Last post" already includes posts from subboards.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

The actual forum only lists posts from itself, no subforums. And the "latest posts" page doesn't seem to be viewed by guests or bots. View counts of the actual thread are low in subforums too.

Used to get google downloads almost daily for years until this change too. Like people aren't fully aware of these sections. I hardly get requests or downloads since things were changed.

Matt

Can you show me what you mean?
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

WAS

Actually it seems to be fetching from subforums, but only the first sub-forum, which is not actually a new topic, and there have been tons of other latest posts in other forums.

And you can view what people are browsing here: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=who though I actually couldn't find it on the new theme and bookmarked this before my theme was changed.