Covered Crossings

Started by sonshine777, December 01, 2007, 09:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

sonshine777

Thank you fine sir. :) Could you do me a favor? add the word "Bridge to the title. It currently only says "Covered" (don't know how I missed that when I posted it. :)

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

sonshine777

Harvey Birdman

Sonshine, that bridge object is terrific! Thanks.   :)

sonshine777

Quote from: Harvey Birdman on December 03, 2007, 02:00:08 PM
Sonshine, that bridge object is terrific! Thanks.   :)

Your welcome. I think all of the textures are there let me know

Harvey Birdman

Righty-o. I'll do a little test render with it this evening and let you know.

sonshine777

Sounds good, you may have to re-scale it, Cinema 4D outputs to a larger scale than it was drawn.
And I haven't figured out how to get PoseRay to rescale correctly.

By the way the color of the siding is just a color shader, the texture is in the model, so you can make the bridge any color you want.

Harvey Birdman

Yeah, I scaled the wheat models by .05. Terrific models - scaling issues are not a big deal. I've set up a little web site on my in-house server with thumbnails and full-sized images of all the models I have in inventory, all posed with a 1m radius sphere. I record any scaling used on the web pages so it's nice and simple to use the objects thereafter in a scene.

Oshyan

Even though it stops when populations are disabled, I still think it's probably related to the known reflectivity issues. I'd try re-rendering once the improved renderer is available.

- Oshyan

sonshine777

Quote from: Oshyan on December 05, 2007, 10:41:36 PM
Even though it stops when populations are disabled, I still think it's probably related to the known reflectivity issues. I'd try re-rendering once the improved renderer is available.

- Oshyan

I fully intend to, this one and a half-a-dozen more. Thanks for the help. I am trying one more thing before putting it to bed for a while I will post if it turns out.

Harvey Birdman

Here's a quick shot of the bridge, scaled to .05, lifted 4.6 meters to expose the piers, and pictured with the 1m radius sphere.

Is there a depth resolution issue on the side of the bridge? Some of the white patches look as if they may be poking throughthe side where they shouldn't be. All in all, though, it looks pretty good.

sonshine777

Check the displacement on the white paint shader. I think you may have to rescale it also, because it is trying to displace the bump for a full size model.

Harvey Birdman

Cool! Very good.   :)

The sphere looks a little out of scale in the pic above, because it isn't elevated with the bridge. I'll do up another one (when I have a machine vacant) with the sphere sitting on the roadway.

sonshine777

For scale reference it might help to place the sphere near the bridge entrance/exit.