Simulating water on the camera with above/below shot

Started by WAS, December 23, 2020, 06:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Any ideas how I should go about this? I was thinkking of just rendering the scene with water atmosphere setup, and then without, but then I can't think how how to do the water on the camera, and then water plane into the distance.

Think viewing a iceberg like those shots in old nat geo magazines where we see above water and below water, with the water "hitting" the camera out of focus and seeing the plane (from topside) cascading into the distance.

Dune

It would need a very tight altitude mask for the underwater haze, for one. The water plane would be no problem, if you 'start' it a few meters in front of the camera (with some blur), maybe you need 2 very close together, one for underwater viewed reflections, one for above water. But glass shader has that. Did you experiment with a setup at all?

Hannes

Like this one? I just used a slightly displaced cube with a water shader applied to in front of the lens.

Dune

WAS

Wow thats great, actually. I had a render going "all night" with atmospheres and a plane about 5m from camera but I rendered a crop of a cloud instead. :/ I think its for the best though cause I like this look.

WAS

Oops, scratch this post. Figured it out immediately.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on December 24, 2020, 03:45:35 AMLike this one? I just used a slightly displaced cube with a water shader applied to in front of the lens.
great solve hannes....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist