Whose is the TG benchmark "Tundra heather" model, and may I use it commercially?

Started by N-drju, December 28, 2020, 06:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Good morning Community.

I would like to ask, who is the author of the "Tundra heather" model which can be found in the Terragen benchmark file. I presume it must be Ulco as he is credited as the project's author, but I'd like to make sure.

I would also like to ask if it is okay to use this (and other benchmark models) as a part of commercial projects.

Thanks!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

WAS

Aren't some of those models Speedtree? I think even with release, it's only for the purpose indicated in release (the benchmark), at least from what I understand when I was emailing them awhile back when someone was asking about speedtree. Like speedtree assets for games, can only be used in said title.

Dune

I think that may be correct. I remember Oshyan asking ST for permission to use these few models for the benchmark scene, but usually ST is kinda strict.
But my heather is not ST.

N-drju

Ok. So the heather model is the only one to use. That should make a nice addition to my plant library. Thank you!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"