Started by sjefen, December 30, 2020, 06:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjefen

Thanks for the input guys. I will investigate some more, but this one was already rendering before I got to test your suggestions :D
There are some more work done with the paintjob and rims on this one, but not much.

Porsche 911.930 - 05c.jpg

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Hannes

Wow!!! Super photoreal! Is the Porsche Logo really illuminated on the original car?

Dune

Fantastic! Lights are great now.

EDIT; just tested the constant shader opacity and alpha method, but it doesn't work that way. Separate objects/parts is the way to go.

DocCharly65

Echo the others. Great result!

sjefen

Quote from: Hannes on January 04, 2021, 10:18:04 AMWow!!! Super photoreal! Is the Porsche Logo really illuminated on the original car?
No, the logo is not really illuminated, but I kinda liked it  ;D

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Jo Kariboo

Very nice ! Excellent light !

WAS

Quote from: Dune on January 04, 2021, 10:24:58 AMFantastic! Lights are great now.

EDIT; just tested the constant shader opacity and alpha method, but it doesn't work that way. Separate objects/parts is the way to go.
Lol. You did something wrong. Lol Actually, it only will work in PT. So that's probably your issue. I know you don't often use it testing. It also only seems to block shadows from within it's volume, not outside it? In the example, you can see there is no shadow within the volume, but there is on the ground. It would only be good for object based glass it seems. Example project in attachments.

Duplicated object with default shader opacity set to 0 doesn't work in latest build. The model will be riddled with black boxes where intersection is happening. I think this is due to reflection. Both objects are visisble to other rays, and the whole body of one is trying to reflect, while the other is trying to be opacity 0 and black (in technicality).

Dune

Sorry about the short hijack, but I did test with PT to no avail. Have to check your file. Maybe I misunderstood your way of zero color and alpha in input of glass shader, but would be very handy if that works.