My Server is Old

Started by WAS, January 03, 2021, 03:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

My server is so old, they retired it to the "death room" where old servers still under lease go [to die] to give up room for new servers. Seemed like a "whatever" sort of deal, but the networking from wherever that room is pretty bad. About half the DOWN/UP. Apparently i need to upgrade...

Just complaining.

WAS

PS

The room must be equivalent to hell. The CPU is nearly 5c hotter. There is also a weird electrical noise over the remote desktop. I assume this is the scream of the server...

Support says everything should be fine.

The Server:
thisisfine.jpg

Support:
Bloody_Hedgehog_11.jpg

N-drju

GTA V updates to your system:

thisisfine.jpg

Take 2 interactive:

Bloody_Hedgehog_11.jpg

;)

Sorry to hear that your server got "condemned". I don't know too much about it. You are using an external server, right? If you do, it still seems weird that you can hear a strange sound from something that is miles away from your workstation.

If you don't mind me complaining in your post, I have to admit I am somewhat disappointed by the color schemes of the keyboards currently on the market. Everything is black. Kind of a Ford story... ::) That silver Logitech is the only non-budget equipment I could find. It's already being shipped.

There are some cheap keyboards that have more interesting designs. But I won't pay 20EUR just to see my "new" equipment breaking down in a few months...
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

WAS

Yeah, turns out it has a sound chip, which is what sound on remote desktop is drawing from as its device. And it must be getting a groundloop problem or some sort of EMF from other servers.

Quote from: N-drju on January 04, 2021, 02:15:17 AMIf you don't mind me complaining in your post, I have to admit I am somewhat disappointed by the color schemes of the keyboards currently on the market. Everything is black. Kind of a Ford story... ::) That silver Logitech is the only non-budget equipment I could find. It's already being shipped.

There are some cheap keyboards that have more interesting designs. But I won't pay 20EUR just to see my "new" equipment breaking down in a few months...

I know what you mean. And hell, even if they are just black, its really like white ABS plastic painted black and you'll wear through the paint and have a ugly keyboard in no time. I have a k90 rgb mechanical keyboard which is actually very nice, but the caps are meany for easy replacement, and my son has realized he can take all the keys off. Lol had to return to a old mechanical keyboard with worn keys.

N-drju

Quote from: WAS on January 04, 2021, 03:11:23 PMI know what you mean. And hell, even if they are just black, its really like white ABS plastic painted black and you'll wear through the paint and have a ugly keyboard in no time. I have a k90 rgb mechanical keyboard which is actually very nice, but the caps are meany for easy replacement, and my son has realized he can take all the keys off. Lol had to return to a old mechanical keyboard with worn keys. 

This is why I generally prefer brushed metal products rather than coated plastics. They look very elegant and are really durable.

Some really clever offspring you have. 
:D
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"