Lava field

Started by Dune, January 04, 2021, 03:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

After working on the snow, I needed to warm myself again. Actually this started out as an experiment for snow/ice in hidden creases and cavelike structures, but I thought the lava was nicer.

Interestingly, there's no difference at all (not to my eye) between PT (2hr12min) and standard render, which took an hour less. Only difference is that I left out the sulphur areas in the latter.

WAS

This is actually really cool ulco, and gives me inspiration to try similar. Also wanted to dig out my lava shaders again and see if I can optimize them.

mhaze

Very clever and nicely done.

Hannes

Well done indeed! I guess, PT looks best when there is less direct light, and especially plants look better with PT.

N-drju

What @Hannes just said.

Granted, I can't see any difference either.

Nice job on the lava. I tried to make lava a few times, but was never quite satisfied with the job. Looks like it is perfectly possible.

It's good that you have removed the sulfur deposits, as they look a little "dry". Perhaps that would look better if there were more of them, but the version without them is really good.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Dune

I tried getting the sulphur into crevices with displacement intersection over this lot, but coudn't get it to work. With a few mask derivates it might be possible, but that's too much work.

DocCharly65

Quote from: N-drju on January 04, 2021, 05:50:11 AMIt's good that you have removed the sulfur deposits, as they look a little "dry". Perhaps that would look better if there were more of them, but the version without them is really good.
I agree with that.

But the version without sulfur deposits looks scaring hot :)