Cloud sculpting

Started by t0mr1ddle, January 11, 2021, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t0mr1ddle

Hi everyone, here some cloud sculpting experiments (little bit macabre  ;D).

Dune

mhaze

If I ever see a cloud like that, I'll run a mile. Nice job!

WAS

Ha! Great share! I've done the same thing actually!

cocateho26

I look at this thinking "Voldemort, is that you?" and then I see your username and pic and I about lost it haha.

Tangled-Universe

Ha that's cool. I honestly have no idea how to get this result, other than projecting 3 images as if you're shadowbox-modelling the cloud. But then, how can you do those nostrils?
I like it.

Hannes

That's what I thought!!! Did I miss something? How can we sculpt clouds???

Dune

Vector displacement maps would be great.

t0mr1ddle

if you are interested I can share this raw test with you in order to improve this... :)

WAS

A depth modulator can be at 0 which is from bottom up, or 1, which is top down. By that logic you can use depth maps, front and back, to create objects from clouds. Blending the cloud lighting is a bit tricky though. :O

How he is doing his on the side, is beyond me. Like Ulco said, maybe vector disp warping of a sss type shape.

Hannes

Quote from: t0mr1ddle on January 16, 2021, 02:21:17 PMif you are interested I can share this raw test with you in order to improve this... :)
Oh yes, please!!

t0mr1ddle

WAS

They don't appear to be depth modulated. Definitely interesting to see how this is done. Could see it useful for a lot. Also that's a gnarly skull. Put in some more clouds and some eerie backlighting and very potter-esque.

RogueNZ

Agree, would love to have a look at this one!