Planet seasons animation

Started by Kadri, January 13, 2021, 11:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Hi everybody.

This is a 2 years old project. Just felt like to share this. It is unfinished and will stay so probably

The upper part would be a nebula with a new developing star. The planet is circling around it. In the last part a new star would be born etc.
This took too long and i would need to rerender most of it probably.

Better sync with the music and changes of the planet and the obvious absent part of the nebula itself etc...

The images and video is without postwork.

This is the Onedrive link to the video (best to download the file... 80 mb H264 video):

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao9EyFWihNgcjSLqzEV6nYeFjJB7?e=0CYXrK

Dune

Holy cow, that's why we haven't heard from you for a long time! Wonderful animation! Makes you feel like you are part of eternity. I seriously think you should make a nice ending to this, if it's not too much work.

Kadri

I wish it was less work Ulco. But this is more like a pre-visualising unfortunately (then what i have in my mind).
But don't get me wrong i still like this as it is. Probably because i like morphing landscapes in general.

Jo Kariboo

I find this animation very original!

Dune

Yeah, the morphing is fabulous! And it's very varied; different sorts of landscape changes all the time. Awesome piece of work!

Hannes

Wow, what an animation!!!! Incredible, and as Ulco said, lots of variations. I like the pace of it. It starts slow, gets really fast and reduces speed to a calm ending.
How long did it take to render? Did you render during the last two years? ;)

Kadri

Hannes i did render sometimes before and after :)
Saying something concrete is hard for render time. Because of the many iterations.
Just the render time took more then 1 year for sure. With my new computer it could have been 5 times faster now.

DocCharly65

What a masterpice! That's really a living planet!

... and never mind - I'll patiently wait another year for the next iteration :)

Oshyan

Oh, this is awesome! I love some of the little touches, like the river "wandering away" (snake-like) toward the end, and the appearance of the canyon too. I must admit though I watched it at 2x speed, it was just a bit too slow to fully keep my attention otherwise. I bet you may be able to halve the number of frames rendered and use some decent interpolation filter in a video editor to get similar-looking, slow, smooth motion at this same speed, but in half the render time...

In any case, very cool!

- Oshyan

Kadri

Quote from: Oshyan on February 06, 2021, 05:36:42 PM... I must admit though I watched it at 2x speed, it was just a bit too slow to fully keep my attention otherwise. I bet you may be able to halve the number of frames rendered and use some decent interpolation filter in a video editor to get similar-looking, slow, smooth motion at this same speed, but in half the render time...
- Oshyan
Yes understandable Oshyan. It is subjective of course but my main reason for this speed was actually that the upper half of the frame would have an evolving nebula too if i had finished this. So there would be much more to look then only this lover part.

sboerner

Missed this somehow. But wow . . . have to agree with everyone else here. Riveting. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about adding anything else to the frame. This stands on its own. (And the final frames are already very close to Vivaldi's final chord . . .)

Kadri

Yeah i still like the animation.
My main goal became something like this image below after a while.
This is from the same part near the end of the animation but reworked(nearly the same first image in this thread above). Without morphing...
There is a phrase we use "there are mountains of difference" :)
This takes too much time unfortunately.