XFrog Orders

Started by RichTwo, January 15, 2021, 04:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

Maybe this isn't the correct section to post this but - has anyone purchased anything from XFrog and experienced what seems to me an unusual delay in getting the order?  Like over 24 hours?  I contacted their support team today and am still waiting.
They're all wasted!

N-drju

Quote from: RichTwo on January 15, 2021, 04:04:20 PMMaybe this isn't the correct section to post this but - has anyone purchased anything from XFrog and experienced what seems to me an unusual delay in getting the order?  Like over 24 hours?  I contacted their support team today and am still waiting.

I tried to redownload my old purchase lately and I indeed did get a server error message. But I think it's been fixed by now.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Quote from: RichTwo on January 15, 2021, 04:04:20 PMMaybe this isn't the correct section to post this but - has anyone purchased anything from XFrog and experienced what seems to me an unusual delay in getting the order?  Like over 24 hours?  I contacted their support team today and am still waiting.
Last time I ordered stuff from Xfrog it took a week to get them to respond.  It seems like their ordering system involves some manual tasks.  

I made sure to download everything, and have backups because the links they send you will expire after about a year.  They will generate new links for you if needed but it is a pain having to wait.

You can also get XFrog plants here on Turbosquid, and then you will always have access toy your purchased models instantly:  https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/xfrog

RichTwo

I ordered a bundle. Almost $100. I'm about to go Pay Pal and tell them that I want a refund. That's a BS way doing business.
They're all wasted!

WAS

Quote from: D.A. Bentley on January 15, 2021, 07:09:14 PMYou can also get XFrog plants here on Turbosquid, and then you will always have access toy your purchased models instantly:  https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/xfrog

Least all the third party "Free" models were finally removed and Xfrog has a real presence there now.

And yes, I do believe the system is manually processed. I also put in word for you. A lot of systems are manual in small business when not working with third party catalogs etc that you're paying monthly/yearly for. Rest assured nothing shady is going on, and you will get your order processed.

RichTwo

Thanks Jordan. I'm just used to next day delivery. Like Amazon.  ;D
They're all wasted!

N-drju

Just stopped working for me as well... ::) I managed to download just one set. That's it.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

David

I too got the server error message but had a message to say it is now back online. However, having managed to download the Windows program I now can't get it to install the .exe file.

WAS

Oh no! Well I put in word again. Should be handled ASAP.

RichTwo

It must have been a server problem.  I got an email late last night saying the original email was resent, and now I have it.  But it sure is taking a long time to extract...
They're all wasted!

WAS

The Archives are huge. Least ones I got.

Quote from: David on January 16, 2021, 09:56:25 AMI too got the server error message but had a message to say it is now back online. However, having managed to download the Windows program I now can't get it to install the .exe file.
Do you use antivirus? I wonder if the executable is being blocked for mot being signed?

RichTwo

I have Norton AV but it didn't give me any warnings or ask for my permission.  The zip download took about 15 minutes for both folders, but that was because of the sheer size of them.  And the files are being extracted just fine, but so s-l-o-w-l-y...  It's my nap time anyway.
They're all wasted!

WAS

Quote from: RichTwo on January 18, 2021, 02:24:57 PMI have Norton AV but it didn't give me any warnings or ask for my permission.  The zip download took about 15 minutes for both folders, but that was because of the sheer size of them.  And the files are being extracted just fine, but so s-l-o-w-l-y...  It's my nap time anyway.
You downloading the OBJ packs? Objects can be compressed in archives to make the archive much smaller. So each object has to be inflated ontop of extracted. I tend to use aggressive compression myself. Smaller files, but harder on end-users CPU.

David

Quote from: WAS on January 16, 2021, 01:44:40 PMOh no! Well I put in word again. Should be handled ASAP.
Hi WAS, I've still not heard a 'croak' from our friend XFrog. I've unzipped the program to the C-drive (Win10) as suggested, but it still won't execute. When Stewart originally replied he thought the problem might have to do with the anti-virus, but I just use the standard Win 10 security. I'm nervous about temporarily switching it off because last time I did that I had problems with other software. Do you have any suggestions please?

Kadri

Quote from: David on January 21, 2021, 10:12:18 AM
Quote from: WAS on January 16, 2021, 01:44:40 PMOh no! Well I put in word again. Should be handled ASAP.
Hi WAS, I've still not heard a 'croak' from our friend XFrog. I've unzipped the program to the C-drive (Win10) as suggested, but it still won't execute. When Stewart originally replied he thought the problem might have to do with the anti-virus, but I just use the standard Win 10 security. I'm nervous about temporarily switching it off because last time I did that I had problems with other software. Do you have any suggestions please?
You could try to just exclude the folder you have the files:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security-811816c0-4dfd-af4a-47e4-c301afe13b26

I couldn't buy an upgrade for Hitfilm from my country. It was possible before. Don't know why they changed it.
Support said i could buy from a local seller. They wanted the same money like a first version. So no more Hitfilm for me.

Things like these sucks in these days of internet when you can buy nearly everything from anywhere.