Paradise

Started by RichTwo, January 19, 2021, 02:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichTwo

I finally broke down and purchased a model pack from XFrog - Oceania 1.  It's got some really nice things, and I used only four of the 180.  Maybe the green of the palm fronds could be improved (transparency?) but overall, I'm pleased at what I can do now.
They're all wasted!

WAS

I've been meaning to do something tropical, but I never end up liking what I got going as far as terrain and have given up on many attempts. You're making it look easy here with this lovely seen so maybe I should just try populating some stuff! Also these models do look good. I haven't even checked out that pack yet.

N-drju

I think it's the leaf translucency that you have in mind. That could brighten up even the densest forest indeed.

Nice composition. The hilly setting is a real standout, I hope you take this image even further.
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

DocCharly65

Trying the translucency settings is a good idea, but anyway a beautiful render with a beautiful mood.

RichTwo

Thanks all!  It was the (ahem) translucency after all.  :P Every one of the leaf shader's setting was almost at 1.  Reducing to 0.5 made a big difference.  So here is my redo.  Much better, I think.

Now off to play some more...
They're all wasted!

masonspappy

That looks really nice!

N-drju

Perfect! Looks different already, does it? Translucency is a really powerful tool, despite the meager size!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

mhaze

Much better -looks great!

DocCharly65

Thats great too, but I like the first one as well. The new is obviously another daytime, right? :)

RichTwo

Quote from: DocCharly65 on January 22, 2021, 01:25:20 AMThats great too, but I like the first one as well. The new is obviously another daytime, right? :)
Yes - I moved the sunlight, moved camera to a different spot, and changed out a few vegetation objects.  The sun reflection on the water at the horizon produced a "bulge" which I had to postwork out in the original.  It's probably still there, just that there's a palm tree  in front of it.
They're all wasted!