Terragen 2 Pre-Purchase

Started by crosseout, December 03, 2007, 09:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Right now, this says you can purchase commercial licenses for $199 or $299 - http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/tg2/prepurchase_tg2.shtml
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

You can currently buy the full TG2 version without a copy of TG 0.9.  The prices listed on the Planetside site are for a new copy of TG2 - you get $100 off those listed prices if you own a license to TG 0.9.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

PG

What they said :D
I have a question. If I wanted to change version is there a way to do it?
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

rcallicotte

@PG - Yes, there is a way to upgrade your version.  But, you would need to ask Planetside how.  My guess is it's as easy as paying the $100 extra and getting a different license.

PG

I've already got animation but after seeing it I can tell I'll never use neither the animation nor the motion blur.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

rcallicotte

That's another story.

As far as not using the animation, it might be wise to wait before deciding that.  After the product goes gold, Planetside will make the animation module into something much better...from what Planetside has posted here.

Oshyan

The Animation Module, although included (in an early form) in the Deep + Animation package, will not be completed at the same time as the TG2 "core". After TG2 is finalized, we will focus on finishing the Animation Module and bug fixes to the TG2 core.

I'm not sure what problem you had with motion blur, but if you elaborate a bit it might be something that can already be adjusted, or can be fixed in the future.

- Oshyan

Mr_Lamppost

PG:  I have to echo calico, hang on to your animation licence. It would be a shame if you had to pay full price to get it back again once it is finished.  The pre purchase price has to be a bargain, what has it cost? Half a pair (One, totally useless) branded trainer, a couple of nights in the pub (One and a lunchtime if you are in central London),   A starter in a poncy restaurant and so on....
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.