Stream

Started by Dune, January 26, 2021, 02:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Quite an argument, but sometimes it's worth the waiting I'd say.

zaxxon

Better and better. You continue to amaze and delight!

DocCharly65

Quote from: Hannes on January 30, 2021, 12:01:08 PMQuite an argument, but sometimes it's worth the waiting I'd say.
Echo :)

Dune

You're right, but it's experimenting to stretch the possibilities. Here's another setup. Just two default shaders used, all one layer. Rocks are not the best, but well.

Dune

And another.

DocCharly65

Great jobs again, Ulco.

My absolute favorite is "Stream_25-01-21_v5_test 8 no refl_140min.jpg"

In the last one the POV let's me pesonally miss some reflections of the surrounding because there are many things close to the water that could be reflected. But the one before doesn't need it so much because of the different camera angle the plants population and the whole POV. In my eyes quite perfect!

Dune

Well, two more weird variations then before I get tired of it. Just default shaders.

And a few samples of what I'm actually after.

Kadri

I am sure you can get closer to what you want Ulco.
But i think some of the look from photos like those comes from motion blur too.
If we had real motion blur in Terragen you might get this look easier probably.

Dune

You are right, but it's the principle I'm after; stones in a stream warping and 'redirecting' the water, be it in one layer or two. With a bit of smoothing (filter) foam can be made quite 'motion-blurred'.

Kadri

Quote from: Dune on February 07, 2021, 10:42:11 AMYou are right, but it's the principle I'm after; stones in a stream warping and 'redirecting' the water, be it in one layer or two. With a bit of smoothing (filter) foam can be made quite 'motion-blurred'.
Yes.

zaxxon

Stream 6 is very close to perfect to my eye, it looks very real. The last one (stream 3) has that 'blurred' look of a longer exposure photo, the type of image that seems so popular with nature photographers. A stylized look rather than a 'natural' one in my opinion. Great work here Ulco!

Dune

I'm afraid stream 6 is not of my hand, it's a reference photo (along with the blurred one) to show what I'm after. But I'm getting closer, though finesse is still lacking.

Hannes

I have to say, your stream attepts are fantastic! Although you wrote, you'd try to find a solution for the rocks to influence the foam stuff, it already looks as if they did. Insanely good!

Dune

Final one for now.

DocCharly65

Great, the last one is unbelievable! That's it!